Field Sales Representative
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
We are seeking a proven SMB Sales Executive to sell Newsela Pro at the district level. We are looking to link our incredible product with your SaaS sales expertise to bring Newsela PRO to classrooms across the country and, in turn, to revolutionize the way students become great readers.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Build and develop relationships with key decision makers at the K-12 district level
- Building district relationships to enhance Newsela’s penetration and revenue
- Provide accurate reporting on pipeline, current account activity and projected forecasts
- Design and implement lead generation campaigns for assigned accounts
- Work in a team-based sales environment
- Assist in developing regional campaigns to creatively target districts
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of successful sales experience with SAAS B2B companies
- Experience selling complex deals and navigating multiple stakeholders to engineer the right solution for each customer
- Proven success in building a book of business with a significant portion of growth coming from new customers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced experience utilizing Salesforce.com
- Experience selling digital products with a subscription-based revenue model
- Extremely energetic, self motivated, driven, flexible and nimble
- Experience selling to educational institutions
- Former teaching experience
- This is a remote opportunity.
Back to top