Enterprise Sales Executive, Texas
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
We are looking for a proven outside sales professional to sell Newsela Pro (on a subscription basis) at the district and state levels in the assigned territory. Initially, the Enterprise Sales Executive will be an individual contributor role given that the company is still in start-up. Plans are in place, however, to begin hiring additional sales staff in each of the regional territories. This is a great opportunity to build a territory and reap the professional satisfaction and rewards that being a member of a successful start-up can bring.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Build and develop relationships with key decision makers at the K-12 district level
- Leveraging established district relationships enhance Newsela’s penetration and revenue.
- Provide accurate reporting on pipeline, current account activity and projected forecasts
- Design and implement lead generation campaigns in assigned region
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of successful direct sales experience of digital education products
- Proven success in establishing relationships at the K-12 district level in the territory
- Proven success in building a territory with a significant portion of the territory’s growth coming from new customers across the states in the targeted region
- Used to a significant amount of travel (75-80%) across the regional area
- Experience selling digital products with a subscription-based revenue model
- Extremely energetic, flexible and nimble
Back to top