Enterprise Sales Executive, Texas
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive. Newsela is the fastest growing company in the history of Education Technology with triple digit annual growth over its first two years.
We are seeking a proven outside sales professional to sell Newsela Pro (on a subscription basis) at the district and state levels. We are looking to link our incredible product with your SaaS enterprise sales expertise to bring Newsela PRO to classrooms across the country and, in turn, to revolutionize the way students become great readers.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Build and develop relationships with key decision makers at the K-12 district level
- Building district relationships enhance Newsela’s penetration and revenue
- Provide accurate reporting on pipeline, current account activity and projected forecasts
- Design and implement lead generation campaigns for assigned accounts
- Work in a team-based sales environment
- Assist in developing regional campaigns to creatively target districts
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year institution
- 5+ years of successful enterprise sales experience with Saas B2B companies
- Experience selling complex deals and navigating multiple stakeholders to engineer the right solution for each customer
- Proven success in building a book of business with a significant portion of growth coming from new customers
- Used to a significant amount of travel (75-80%)
- Experience selling digital products with a subscription-based revenue model
- Extremely energetic, flexible and nimble
- Experience selling to government institutions
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top