Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
The Educator Specialist will work closely with our Field Sales Managers and oversee the Newsela PRO implementation from start to finish. You will be an integral part of showing how Newsela PRO can be seamlessly worked into a classroom, school, district, or state. Once the school/district has Newsela PRO, you will work closely with your Community Engagement teammates to ensure that every educator has a successful Newsela experience.
The Educator Specialist will have a deep knowledge of the power of Newsela and will work closely with Sales and Marketing to help Newsela continue to grow.
- Developing strong partnerships with Field Sales Managers and working together to implement Newsela PRO with current and future educators.
- Traveling between 10% and 20% of the time with Field Sales Managers to demonstrate the power of Newsela in person.
- Anticipating and answering questions during initial meetings ranging from what Newsela PRO is to how Newsela PRO can be linked to instruction.
- Becoming an expert on the needs of each specific state, district, or school that you are meeting with in order to help them see how Newsela will make their lives easier.
- Running and creating online training sessions to help teachers get started and learn about new features.
- Developing curriculum for online courses where teachers can engage in on demand training.
- Identifying leaders within the schools/districts and establishing strong relationships with them.
The Ideal Candidate
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years primary or secondary school teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with educators and helping them solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading online training sessions.
Some Plusses Include
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Tech-savvy: candidate should understand technology to provide technical support to teachers and school administrators.
Back to top