Digital Marketing Associate
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
Newsela has more than doubled in the last year and plans to continue to create best-in-class experiences for teachers and students. As Digital Marketing Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the coordination and execution of our digital marketing campaigns designed to drive the acquisition of teachers and engage them in our products. This role will be the backbone of our online marketing program. You will own the development and execution of our online marketing campaigns including email, paid social, retargeting and beyond. You will manage regular and ad-hoc performance tracking to identify and give insight into key trends.
The successful candidate is extremely organized, detail oriented, creative and very analytical. You love to dig into data and understand the trends. You’re ready to get your hands dirty without forgetting about the big picture. You’re hungry and excited to learn about all areas of marketing. You deal well with shifting priorities and can handle an ever-evolving environment.
- Build, optimize and run email campaigns through Marketo and other email delivery platforms.
- Develop content across email, social, blog, and other channels.
- Execute and optimize online marketing campaigns through retargeting, Facebook and more.
- Create and share regular and ad-hoc reports that track trends within email engagement, web traffic, acquisition and conversion to empower and enable the Marketing team.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Community, Design and Content.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing automation, ideally Marketo or similar.
- Demonstrated experience with paid digital including Facebook Ads and Google AdWords.
- Strong writer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other design tools.
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel.
- Some SQL skills and ready to become an expert.
- Passion for education and making a difference within education.
- Thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, anticipating needs and risks.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top