Data Analyst (Community)
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools in all 50 states and more than 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
The Community Team at Newsela works on keeping our teachers engaged with the product. The team works very closely with teachers on a daily basis and always looks for innovative ways to do so. Our initiatives include onboarding, engagement, professional learning, user support, and more.
As the Data Analyst for the Community team, you will be responsible for overseeing the engagement metrics the team uses. You’ll be tracking existing KPI’s and adjusting them to give us an in-depth view of teacher engagement. You’ll be working with a variety of different data sources to put together dashboards for the team. SQL, SalesForce, and BRST knowledge will help you succeed in this role.
- Create and track engagement metrics in collaboration with the product and sales teams
- Build dashboards in SalesForce (BRST) using information from numerous data sources to track new and already established KPI’s for the team
- Create and share reports for special campaigns and projects run by the team
- Make recommendations to increase engagement based on metrics tracked
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 2-3 years of data analytics experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing models in Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working with large, interconnected databases.
- Demonstrated expertise with SQL.
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic statistical concepts like hypothesis testing and p-values.
- Exposure to another programming language like R, Python, etc.
- Passion for education and making a difference within education.
- Thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, anticipating needs and risks.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top