Curriculum Alignment Team Lead
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
A key initiative for the 2016-17 school year is the Newsela Everywhere campaign. We want all educators to see Newsela as a crucial and integral part of their instructional work, not just a tool that they will use occasionally in their classrooms. A new team has been created called the Curriculum Alignment team that will design and build a new product offering for PRO Customers, and is charged with creating an entire curriculum alignment operation.
The Curriculum Alignment Team Lead will work closely with the Director of Curriculum Alignment to create the systems and processes that will drive this new initiative. You will be primarily responsible for building a network of freelancers who will assist with aligning the thousands of curriculums that our educators use on a daily basis in their classrooms. You will also work closely with the Curriculum Alignment Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for building and optimizing an end to end alignment assigning, tracking, managing, and database reporting of all alignment activities.
The successful candidate is organized, detail oriented, entrepreneurial and loves working with educators. You are ready to get your hands dirty without forgetting about the big picture. You can take a project with some direction, run with it, and make it your own. You are flexible, can handle an ever-evolving environment, hold yourself to a high standard and is excited to help build something that could change the future of Newsela.
You will work closely with other members of the Community team that will oversee other components of the alignment operation, including alignment template design and training.
- Work with Director of Curriculum Alignment to develop and execute a scalable solution to align thousands of curriculums.
- Create recruitment strategy to find the very best educational freelance contributors.
- Create onboarding systems to get contributors up and running as fast and smoothly as possible.
- Compose regular communications for the contributor community to give them all the updates they need and keep them engaged with Newsela.
- Work with Newsela Operations and Finance team to oversee smooth and accurate payments to contributors.
- Work closely with Curriculum Alignment Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for building and optimizing an end to end alignment assigning, tracking, managing, and database reporting of all alignment activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years project management and/or operations experience
- 2+ years experience in education, ideally with teaching experience with proven track record of achievement in the classroom
Some Plusses Include
- Master’s degree
- Curriculum Development and/or School leadership experience
- English Language Arts, Social Studies and Science instruction/content knowledge
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about education, literacy and current events
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and takes initiative
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn various software tools
Back to top