Curriculum Alignment Operations Coordinator
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
A key initiative for the 2016-17 school year is the Newsela Everywhere campaign. We want all educators to see Newsela as a crucial and integral part of their instructional work, not just a tool that they will use occasionally in their classrooms. A new team has been created called the Curriculum Alignment team that will design and build a new product offering for PRO Customers, and is charged with creating an entire curriculum alignment operation. The Curriculum Alignment Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Curriculum Alignment to create the database and technologies that will drive this new initiative. You will be primarily responsible for building and automating a database of resources that will allow our pool of freelancers to align the the thousands of curriculums that our educators use on a daily basis in their classrooms. You will also work closely with the Curriculum Alignment Team Lead who will be responsible for building the network of freelancers who will be using the database to manage the resources to and from our PRO customers.
The successful candidate is organized, detail oriented, entrepreneurial and has a strong project management or operations background. You are ready to get your hands dirty without forgetting about the big picture. You can take a project with some direction, run with it, and make it your own. You are flexible, can handle an ever-evolving environment, hold yourself to a high standard and is excited to help build something that could change the future of Newsela.
You will work closely with other members of the Community team that will oversee other components of the alignment operation, including alignment template design and training.
- Build and optimize a scalable database that will streamline the assigning, tracking, managing, and database reporting of all alignment activities.
- Work closely with Curriculum Alignment Team Lead to create systems and processes to support freelancer alignment work that will ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- Create reports and streamline processes to allow for reporting of team KPIs and dashboards, to ensure streamlined team operation and success.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years project management and/or operations experience
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office products including Excel
Some Plusses Include
- Database management experience
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solver
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about education, literacy and current events
- Organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Previous experience in education
Back to top