Community Engagement Manager
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
As our first Community Growth Manager, you will be responsible for tapping into this passion and empowering an army of Newsela mavens who will be responsible for representing Newsela at education events around the country and subsequently growing Newsela’s footprint in the classroom.
You will be involved in everything from user research and insights, educator recruitment, partnerships, and community events to identify growth channels that will drive our growth strategy around the world. As Newsela expands, you will lead efforts to scale our community growth efforts along with it, finding innovative and creative ways to do more with less.
- Deliver an outstanding, personalized experience to Newsela instructors online and offline.
- Lead social media campaigns and launch local meet-ups, webinars, Facebook Live, Twitter chats, and conferences.
- Organize Newsela presence at strategic education conferences and events.
- Define the strategy, metrics and goals for measuring the success of community engagement function.
- Present Newsela at schools and events while promoting and practicing a train-the-trainer model
- Design, implement, and measure campaigns to engage Newsela teachers and inform them about crucial Newsela initiatives.
- Build and scale educator outreach program.
- Identify and recruit Newsela ambassadors in partnership with the Community team.
- Identify the biggest channels for growing teacher adoption and build a local growth playbook.
- Establish and manage partnerships that lead to product promotion and adoption.
- Help define a plan to create tight relationships with our most valuable and engaged Teachers.
- Generate, analyze, and synthesize learnings that inform the company’s product and growth strategy and goals.
- Act as conduit for communicating key messages from Newsela to our community, regarding changes in our product or policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years education and/or teaching experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated social media campaign expertise.
- Experience presenting at and planning industry events.
- Experience with campaign, field, and community organizing.
- Experience participating in online networks of educators.
- Experience organizing and creating online networks of educators.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Self-starter, proactive, and creative
- Fast learner and team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top