Community Customer Success Associate
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and more than 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
As a member of the Community Engagement team, the Community Coordinator will support educators learning to use Newsela and administrators implementing Newsela. You will be part of a team responsible for responding to all customer service inquiries via phone, email and chat. You must also be flexible to work shifts as required, including occasional weekends and holidays.
You will become a Newsela expert. You will provide top-notch support across many communication channels. You are an amazing conversationalist and can connect to new people easily. You are an expert at troubleshooting and analyzing information. You’re driven to help customers and you have the ability to immerse yourself in all that is Newsela.
- Be part of a team responsible for responding to all user inquiries via email, chat, social media and phone.
- Track bugs affecting users and work closely with the Product Development team to ensure a timely resolution.
- Create and develop articles in Newsela’s Learning and Support Center that will help teachers effectively use our product.
- Oversee the distribution of Newsela memorabilia to our most engaged educators.
- Work closely with other teams in Community as well as Sales and Marketing in executing communications that will build awareness and advocacy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, or working towards one
- 1+ years of administrative experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
A Few Plusses
- Self-starter, proactive and creative
- Fast learner and team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Top-notch communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Previous customer service experience
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top