Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
As a member of our Newsela Sales team, you will manage a portfolio of enterprise accounts of our Newsela PRO customers. You will focus on our top 50 large school districts using Newsela PRO within their schools. You are the “go to” for district-level communication and coordination. We want to keep our Newsela PRO customers delighted and engaged in using Newsela PRO all year long. You will effectively engage and build relationships with key account decision-makers, primarily working with school principals, district representatives and superintendents.
- Manage 50 strategic Newsela PRO district-level accounts across the nation.
- Communicate with district leadership regularly on issues such as usage, engagement, renewal and cross-referrals.
- Collaborate with Community and Marketing teams on quarterly engagement campaigns for large accounts.
- Serve as a key coordinator to assist in the explosive growth of an SaaS-based education company.
- Strategize and implement best practices to renew and upsell large accounts.
- Forecast and track large account metrics to demonstrate sales progress.
- Analyze sales pipeline and identify opportunities for growth.
- Meet and exceed individual and team-based KPIs.
- Meet and exceed quota.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years sales and/or client management experience.
- Proven strategic account management skills, with special emphasis on key accounts.
- Demonstrated track record of overachieving quota in past positions, with special emphasis on client retention and growth. Please be prepared to discuss specific examples with metrics-driven results.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven high achiever and sales professional (ranked top 5-10% of sales staff), and has demonstrated success working with other teams.
- Has outstanding communication skills, preferably experience dealing with C-level executives.
- Previous experience in technology or SaaS.
- Experience in education or working with educators.
- Has a passion for building relationships with decision-makers - and those who can influence them - in the sales process.
- Has excellent negotiation, presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Experience leading and managing marketing campaigns.
- Fast learner and highly responsive to feedback.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top