At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make people's lives better – and improve the internet, too.
We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both quality original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. We filter, stream and organize millions of articles a day, in real-time. That’s a lot of data, a lot of content and a lot of opportunities to build something amazing. Join a brilliant, fun team of engineers that are solving big problems every day.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on
Twitter @newscred and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/newscreddhaka
The WordPress Developer is responsible for developing and supporting the NewsCred WordPress offering. He/she is required to work the night shift from 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM in order to collaborate with client services and product teams in New York.The WordPress Developer will be able to develop custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
The WordPress developer will also be responsible for developing websites based on parent themes to create functioning child themes. They will be responsible for incorporating client brand assets and requirements into websites using HTML, CSS, and PHP. They will also be responsible for monthly changes and tweaks to current live websites, which would include things like:
- Required to work the night shift from 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM
- Implementing tracking scripts
- Updating CSS
- Implementing forms on site by integrating with client CRM systems/scripts
- Creating logic to speak to custom fields
- Troubleshooting publishing issues
- Researching plugins to come up with unique solutions
- Answering support tickets regarding WordPress related issues
- Handling server side monitoring (no heavy configurations required
- Gather requirements, determine feasibility and timelines for custom development solutions
- WordPress development of new and existing sites
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations and ability to estimate development timelines
- Plugin research and testing
- Plugin updates
- Spinning up staging environments
- Server side monitoring
- Impeccable English communication skills is mandatory
- Ability to work in fast-paced, fluid operating environment and a willingness to constantly learn
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); all of our builds are responsive
- Ability to research and test WordPress Plugins
- Familiarity with custom field mapping and XMLRPC protocol
- Familiarity with JSON, RSS, XML preferred
- Content migration experience a plus
- CRM implementation knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with AMP framework a plus
What we can offer you!
- Awesome Culture - passionate, driven and fun team
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Flexible vacation policy
- Communal transport facilities
- Catered lunch
- Medical insurance
Please note, it’s mandatory you provide links to your previous work in your resume or attach a PDF of your portfolio (in the cover letter section) with your application.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Neil connects NewsCred with enterprise brands, delving into their challenges and demonstrating how NewsCred can provide the solutions needed to succeed.
Back to top