Technical Consultant - WordPress Product Owner
At NewsCred we think that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of making their lives better. The truth is that when we started the company we didn’t know much about marketing, but we did know as individuals that we weren’t satisfied with the way that we were being marketed to. Fast-forward to today, we’ve built the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We provide both bespoke original content and content that is licensed from the world’s best publishers that our brand customers use to speak to their audiences. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to make sure that our customers are as successful as can be in content marketing. NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.hat they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Technical Consultant/WordPress Product Owner is responsible for optimizing, developing and supporting the NewsCred WordPress offering in addition to onboarding customers onto our Content Marketing Platform (CMP). The WordPress Product Owner will be able to manage custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. This role is responsible for providing WordPress best practice recommendations to both customers and our internal product team. The WordPress Product Owner also aids in technical requirement gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions during presales and onboarding. This role will provide leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web/CMP offerings and work alongside R&D.
The WordPress Product Owner will also be responsible for onboarding customers onto our CMP and developing websites based on parent themes to create functioning child themes. They will be responsible for incorporating client brand assets and requirements into websites using HTML, CSS, and PHP. They will also be responsible for monthly changes and tweaks to current live websites, which would include things like:
- Testing/updating WP plugins
- Implementing tracking scripts
- Updating CSS
- Implementing forms on site by integrating with client CRM systems/scripts
- Creating logic to speak to custom fields
- Troubleshooting publishing issues
- Researching plugins to come up with unique solutions
- Answering support tickets regarding WordPress related issues
- Handling server side monitoring (no heavy configurations required)
- Performs maintenance and monitoring.
- Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
- WordPress Development of new and existing sites
- Collaborate with client services and product teams to gather requirements, determine feasibility and timelines for custom development solutions.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations and ability to estimate development timelines
- Plugin Research and testing
- Plugin updates
- Spinning up staging environments
- Server side monitoring
- Familiarity with custom field mapping and XMLRPC protocol
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); all of our builds are responsive
- Ability to research and test WordPress Plugins
- Familiarity with JSON, RSS, XML preferred.
- Content migration experience a plus
- Quick learner with excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, fluid operating environment and a willingness to constantly learn.
- CRM implementation knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with AMP framework a plus
- Agency background is a plus
What we can offer you!
- Best in class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks and drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top