Technical Consultant (Implementation Engineer)
At NewsCred we think that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of making their lives better. The truth is that when we started the company we didn’t know much about marketing, but we did know as individuals that we weren’t satisfied with the way that we were being marketed to. Fast-forward to today, we’ve built the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing and analysis. We provide both bespoke original content and content that is licensed from the world’s best publishers that our brand customers use to speak to their audiences. Finally, as pioneers in our industry we provide unique professional services to make sure that our customers are as successful as can be in content marketing. NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.hat they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Technical Consultant will drive business process discovery and change management efforts across our customer base along with onboarding our enterprise customers onto our software. Technical Consultants will liaise with customers on key technical issues, new integrations, configurations etc. to ensure our platform is driving long term program success for our customer. As the main customer-facing technical resource, this role is critical to driving product adoption across our customer base. The Technical Consultant validates the scope of the technical project, coordinates across customer and internal teams to execute on the delivery plan, configures the Newscred CMP software platform, provides end user training and generally enables the customers to have a fast and productive onboarding experience. After the onboarding is complete, the Technical Consultant will be engaged in a program depending on when their specialty is required for success, such as complex integrations or ongoing site changes/management. The Technical Consultant works alongside PreSales and Customer Success Engineers and in conjunction with the Advisory and Content team to provide an excellent customer experience and drive overall program success. Internally, the Technical Consultant is the liaison between the customer and R&D, and must understand both the customer workflow and product to communicate the needs of the customer. This is a critical role within the company as Newscred treats customers exceptionally well and takes pride in fostering a highly enthusiastic customer base. This role is a direct contributing factor to our winning service model. All candidates must be able to quickly establish strong, trusted relationships with customers and understand this as critical to success.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for NewsCred products, providing technical guidance for new and existing clients
- Quickly analyze product requirements from customer and architect the CMP solution to drive long term adoption
- Configure NewsCred's proprietary software platform for customers including supporting third party integrations, website development, and setting up analytics
- Manage new enterprise customers’ implementation from late stage deal alignment to completion of their first 30-90 days of their product experience
- Work closely with PreSales engineers to ensure successful post sales transition based on any discussions or requirements captured during the sales cycle
- Work closely with product teams to maintain an in-depth understanding of the technology and its application to customer needs
- Responsible for channeling product feedback, both defects and enhancement requests, to the R&D team
- Proven project delivery success with at least 3 years of experience in SaaS and/or marketing technology companies
- Experience working in CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.
- Familiarity with JSON, RSS, XML
- Familiarity configuring Google Analytics (i.e GTM and UTM)
- Proficient problem solver with the ability to understand the inner workings of complex systems
- Quick learner capable of handling concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment with enthusiasm and willingness to constantly learn
- Content Marketing experience is preferred, as is an understanding of the channels and technologies that support it (social, amplification, marketing automation)
- Experience leading training on enterprise software
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Thrives in ambiguity & bringing order to complex situations and issues
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of the time)
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top