Solutions Architect (Software)
At NewsCred, our mission is to change the way marketing organizations work, elevating team performance through an integrated software approach to marketing.
NewsCred is the global leader in enterprise content marketing. We offer a three-prong solution across 1) best-in-class technology, 2) the largest and most diverse content offerings, and 3) strategic professional services, rooted in the expertise we’ve gained as the unrivaled market leader over the past 10+ years. We deliver this complete solution through a proven, repeatable methodology that ensures positive business outcomes for the world’s leading brands.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is seeking a pre-sales solutions architect / sales engineer interested in joining a highly successful and growing SaaS sales team. The engineer works in the pre-sales team and collaborates with the sales team to lead client discovery and pitch tailored platform solutions. The responsibility of the pre-sales team is to enable the sales team to win more qualified deals, and to do it faster. The pre-sales team plays a strategic role in the company success, is highly knowledgeable in product functionality, service offerings, and is able to speak to integrated marketing strategies to inspire marketers across enterprise companies.
The SA is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as internal enablement. An SA is needed to sell the solution that is complex and technical; the SA is the solution expert. This individual will play a substantial role in driving the adoption of NewsCred platform and exceeding our revenue goals. You will translate prospect challenges and demonstrate (or explain) how the technical features/capabilities of the solution directly address these issues/challenges.
Location and Travel: NYC based, less than 20% travel.
- Help the prospect visualize themselves in the solution
- Convince buyers that the solution benefits will far outweigh any perceived risk. This is performed by gaining trust, through spending time with prospects and delivery of customized demos/presentations
- Deliver the product demo to individual customers and create customized experiences when necessary
- Ownership of technical/product focused RFPs and security questionnaires
- Explain technical details to the technical buyers
- Translate business needs of a prospect/client into a technical framework around the NewsCred offering, then re-translate that in business terms to a prospect so that they understand the perceived value
- Have a firm grip of your existing product, can talk intelligently about the roadmap and can mentally differentiate between what you're selling, what you've already built and what you might be building or can build into the product AND what you know you will never build into the product and can bring in services for
- Articulate the value the NewsCred product can provide to a prospect or client rather than rattling off a laundry list of features and overwhelming the client with technical jargon.
- Lead discovery sessions asking questions to understand customer needs and translating business objectives into software / services requirements
- Leverages product understanding to provide technical expertise to the NewsCred sales team and prospect through prospect needs, overcome objections, technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, and product proof of concepts as well as technically close deals
- Participates in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation
- Establishes relationships and engages with the technical personnel at a prospect customer to identify opportunities and sell NewsCred products and services.
- Lead technical differentiation in context of the competitive set as an internal expert in our market position
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of NewsCred technologies via personal enablement and internal training offerings
- Provides regular and efficient updates on assigned accounts to Solutions Consulting management.
- Creates and delivers technical product training sessions to partners and peers
- Work closely with product marketing and engineering teams to collaborate on customer solutions
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of marketing technology applications, industry direction, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers
- Prepare and maintain a library of custom platform demonstration environments, mock-ups and stories of customer solutions
- BA or BS in a technical field is a plus
- 5+ years working in a martech software company in a client facing role, preferably implementing or managing customer's success or as part of a sales team
- Strong understanding in integrated marketing and content marketing
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers.
- A great SE will have a strong mix of technical prowess, business acumen, salesmanship, communication skills (written and verbal), and likeability
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to prospects and stakeholders
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of data mining; middleware and integration software; storage systems & management; network and information systems; SEO/SEM marketing
Back to top