We are Welcome. Welcome, a NewsCred Brand and the leading Marketing Orchestration Platform, is on a mission to transform how marketing teams work. Gartner and Forrester agree, Welcome is a leader in multiple software categories.
We are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations need their own operating system, just as Sales has Salesforce and Finance has Oracle. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaign planning, production, and management, enabling marketing teams to work together on a single platform. There are many big companies competing to be the winner - we thrive on the challenge and believe we will win because we’re purpose-built for marketing, content-focused, and performance-driven.
We’re looking for insatiable innovators, disruptors, and challengers to join us on our mission to create and dominate the next big martech category.
We're looking for Software Engineers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. However, we will interview SE candidates depending on their experience and skills. Please note, internally, we have a flat structure and steer away from any hierarchical titles. So regardless of experience and differentiating salaries, we refer to all our engineers as Software Engineers.
To be successful in this role we require you to have the technical skills and talent to navigate our entire stack, solving interesting and diverse problems along the way.
- improving our search infrastructure using the latest techniques in information retrieval and natural language processing, or
- evaluating terabytes of usage logs to discover what content performs best for our customers, or
- building a revolutionary content consumption UX
You will play a key role in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, implementation, and launch.
People who succeed at Welcome are intelligent, highly motivated, empathetic team players with a great sense of humor. They are proven self-starters and quick learners. You will write lots of code that solve both visual and technical hurdles, delivering high impact solutions to our customers around the world.
We are agnostic about technology stacks and programming languages, but in case you are interested, here is the tech stack that we currently use:
- Python, Django, Flask, Celery
- MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark
- Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, ELK, Grafana
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
The engineering team consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We implement a flat organizational structure providing all engineers the same designation to make the teams more efficient and responsive to change. We're highly selective; we seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We organize ourselves into small close-knit teams that work with agility and perseverance to achieve bigger goals. This allows us to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture as we grow.
You love creating software in a collaborative and close-knit team that is beautifully crafted, highly impactful while being obsessive about our customers' success. You’re curious about the latest emerging technologies and love thinking about ways in which we can apply them to make our product better.
Qualification and Requirements
- Strong problem solving and coding skills are essential
- Good English communication skills (ability to communicate technical stats)
- Development experience in any of the following: Python, Django, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Optimises database for high availability and better query performance
- Designing and developing highly available and scalable backend systems
- Closely working with DevOps and Business Intelligence team to improve system services, DevOps tasks, setting up automation, monitoring and generating reporting as well
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, clean code)
- Experience with REST, SOA, microservices-based architecture is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems, non-relational database, and search engines is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience with automated testing and continuous deployment
- Experience with working with teams across offshore offices is an added advantage
- Able to accommodate New York meeting times
Note: This role can be available as a remote opportunity so we encourage people from all over Bangladesh to apply.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka
- Free catered lunch
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Monthly and quarterly regional and global team building events
- Performance enablement program and soft skill trainings to support internal career growth and development
- Reward and recognition programs (peer to peer as well as birthdays and work anniversaries)
- Volunteering and opportunities to give back
- Chance to work with our incredible global team all over the world
Diversity & Inclusion
At Welcome, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity is more than just good intentions.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse community that is representative of the ones we live in. We will hold ourselves accountable by measurable success criteria and will be transparent on our progress towards these commitments.
Our work isn’t over when we have successfully diversified our pool of employees; we are committed to ongoing efforts to make Welcome an inclusive environment for all. This includes providing ongoing opportunities for education, awareness, and partnerships that share our commitment to eliminating unconscious bias and raising awareness about experiences other than our own.