Senior Software Engineer
NewsCred is on a mission to make marketing better for everyone. As the world's leading content marketing software, NewsCred provides the world’s most ambitious brands with the best solutions in content creation, marketing management, cross-channel publishing, and measurement. We have built a Content Marketing Platform that has been recognized by Gartner's Magic Quadrant as the leader for the second consecutive year. It’s our belief that Content Marketing Platforms — those rooted in content-rich functionality and infused with global planning and collaboration tools — are equipped to become that strategic centerpiece for modern marketing organizations.
We have set out to build a world-class product that helps teams to plan and collaborate together, transform how they work, knock down silos, and unleash the potential of marketing.
Some of our clients include: Panasonic, Shell, LafargeHolcim, Visa, Bank of America, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, IBM, DirecTV, AT&T, American Express, Bloomberg, Cisco, JPMorgan Chase, Emirates, Epson, Fujitsu, HSBC, HERSHEY’S, Intel, John Frieda, MetLife, Oracle and Samsung.
We also have an incredible culture. Take a look at our “How We Work” document or our Instagram account to get a taste of things. It’s fun here, and you get the opportunity to learn and do more than you would anywhere else.
Learn more at newscred.com.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer to make a lasting impact on our software stack. This role will be responsible for technical design, new feature development, working with UX designers, researching and evaluating new technology, and maintaining and improving a well-tested and high quality codebase.
You will be responsible for not only building key product features but also question the status quo and help evolve our software stack. You will also be expected to mentor and lead engineers on your squad by leading the team towards their goals and will be accountable for the team's outcomes.
We are open to evolving our platform with newer technologies and here are some of our current tools:
- ElasticSearch & Solr
- AngularJS and React
- Node and Flask
- MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift & Redis
- Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS
The Engineering team at NewsCred consists of some of the most considerate, compassionate and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We do this by organizing ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are self-sufficient and fully empowered to deliver a complete product. We believe in continuous deployment, which enables us to deliver incremental value to our clients on an ongoing basis.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Eager for opportunities to mentor and teach.
- Thrive in an autonomous, high energy environment.
- Enjoy pairing with team members to produce innovative solutions.
- Care about efficient code, beautiful algorithms, opportunistic refactoring, and iterative development.
- Comfortable working with cloud architectures, tools, and processes.
What you’ll do
- Lead teams towards goals and be accountable for outcomes.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work closely with product owners, designers, agile coaches and developers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Architect new systems that interface with our existing architecture.
- Evangelize software development practices across teams.
- Design and develop software collaboratively in a pair-programming environment.
- Work in multiple stacks and have a propensity to learn new technologies.
Diversity & Inclusion
At NewsCred, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, and that inclusivity is more than just good intentions. The NewsCred Diversity Council's mission is twofold: We aim to both increase and maintain a diverse workforce, and to create an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, or background. We continue to set goals for ourselves and recognize areas for improvement as we go.
- Medical, vision and dental
- 401k match
- Unlimited vacation days
- 12 week parental leave
- Student Loan Reimbursement program
- Flexible work policy
- Ping pong tables
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches every wee
Back to top