Senior Enterprise Sales - Financial Services
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The financial services vertical (banks, insurance, investments) is one of NewsCred’s most successful and key areas. The appetite for content marketing in this vertical has proven to be the strongest, and we are doubling down our efforts to corner the market. Your door-opening track record proves your approach to sales is disciplined and consultative, and that you have a unique ability to navigate your way through even the most complex companies to win over senior-level decision makers.
The ideal candidate is extremely motivated, driven, and has a nose for commercial success. They will drive revenue via both new logos and upselling and cross-selling existing customers.
- Develop executive level relationships with clients and prospects to advance individual opportunities and client relationships.
- Able to develop new business and manage a complex sales cycle, from generating leads to closing deals
- Complete detailed account plans and be able to prospect as a result
- Work closely with other departments including Marketing, Product Management, Client Services, and Legal to maximize opportunities and productivity for the Sales Team.
- Capable of leveraging your relationships and your knowledge of the territory in which you are selling
- Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to both prospect constantly and manage a developed book of business
- Understand the marketing tech ecosystem and being able to articulate NewsCred’s unique position within it
- 5+ years selling complex application enterprise software solutions (Direct to Brand Marketing Tech preferred)
- B2B Experience is important and role has national coverage
- Smart and dedicated sales professional with a highly collaborative, value-driven and honest approach to delivering customer success
- Experienced individual contributor selling applications packaged at $150,000+
- Creative and strategic thinker with experience in building strategic, long-term partnerships with marketers from Fortune 1000 companies
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong client services skills
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Has practiced a proven sales methodology - Meddic and Command of Message Training a plus
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong, and a generous vacation policy.
Back to top