Senior Editorial Strategist
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Our fast growing London office is looking for an exceptional editorial strategist/editor to help our customers achieve content marketing success. Editorial strategists at NewsCred serve dual roles: they advise customers on how to create best-in-class content experiences for their audiences, and they also execute on customer content programs by project managing original content creation and licensed content curation. This role is part strategy, part content production management, part inferring advice from data analysis, and all about inspiring and driving amazing content.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Editorial Strategist may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings and client needs evolve over time.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts.
- Run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively operate their content marketing program, manage original content creation and curate licensed content.
- Inspire clients by utilising and showcasing industry best practices.
- Set the scene for content marketing as a concept and as an actionable programme.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content
- Project manage content production
- Monitor and enforce writer and client deadlines
- Track and report status of each piece of content in production
- Work with writers to obtain necessary legal release forms (where needed)
- Handle program communication between writers and client
- Ensure pitches and content are on brand and follow editorial and styie
Licensed Content Management
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed publishing sources, and regularly and concisely communicate what’s working and what’s not with appropriate team members across Editorial and the Client Services team.
- Review the ongoing curation work of partners and freelancers.
- Where needed, investigate new publisher sources that will work better for the client’s programme.
Ongoing Counsel and Strategy
- Create and educate customers on editorial strategies that align with overall content marketing efforts.
- Facilitate trainings with clients on editorial best practices.
- Effectively communicate recommendations to clients on optimizing their editorial programs.
- Create editorial guidelines that fit client needs.
- Help to build the editorial and content programme for best results.
Our Editorial Strategist will...
- Have 5 - 8 years experience working with content. This experience can come from any place of storytelling: as a journalist, an agency writer, an editor, an in-house communications team, and so on...
- Have experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organisation or a brand.
- Be familiar with the digital marketing space and enthusiastic about working with commercial brands.
- Have experience with creating and interpreting web analytics reports.
- Understand tone and voice (e.g. What makes a Daily Mail story different from a Guardian story, and from something in Grazia?).
- Understand content marketing best practice, and industry leaders.
- He able to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues.
- Be comfortable working with clients, and with people of varying seniority. Ideally, they will have some client or stakeholder management experience (desirable, but not essential).
- Be qualified to work in the UK through visa or European Union residency
- Have written and spoken English at a native proficiency level (you will be editing client work, so this is essential).
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top