Senior Data Engineer
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
We’re looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer to build cutting edge cloud applications to revolutionize the world of content marketing and enterprise software. This role will be responsible for technical design, new feature development, working with UX designers, researching and evaluating new technology, and maintaining a well-tested and high quality software codebase. Individuals that succeed at NewsCred are intelligent, highly motivated, fearless team players capable of working in an agile environment. They are proven self-starters and quick learners. We have a passion for technology but are not dogmatic. We use Node.js, Angular.js, MongoDB, Python, Solr, MySQL, and a number of big data analytics tools.
- We are looking for strong technical leaders who:
- are eager for opportunities to mentor and teach.
- thrive in an autonomous, high energy environment.
- enjoy pairing with team members to produce innovative solutions.
- care about efficient code, beautiful algorithms, fearless refactoring, and iterative development.
- love to delight users.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
- Evangelize great practices across teams
- Work closely with product owners, designers, agile coaches and developers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features
- Design and develop software collaboratively in a pair-programming environment
- Continuously deploy high quality software to customers
- Design and architect solutions focused on performance, scalability and high availability
- Minimum 6 - 10 years as a software engineer in roles in increasing responsibility.
- Fluency in many programming languages. Able to code regularly across a full stack using technologies such AngularJS/NodeJS, Python/Django, MongoDB, MySQL, Spark, Cassandra, Kinesis.
- Excellent understanding of systems architecture, technical design, data structures, and algorithms. Familiarity with Cloud architectures, tools, and processes.
- Exceptional ability to understand what good code is and pass that knowledge on to others.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top