Sales Development Representative
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is seeking for a Sales Development Representative, Enterprise to be a member of our front line sales team. The role is a high volume, high activity position focused around maximizing the number of well-qualified opportunities in which NewsCred engages. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial spirit with deep passion for media, extremely motivated, driven, and will assist with growing revenue through new business opportunities.
- Prospecting and ‘cold’ outreaching to new clients
- Establishing productive relationships with key decision makers
- Supporting the Account Executives
- Sourcing qualified prospects that lead to opportunities
- Logging activity into NewsCred’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Conducting need/solutions analysis
- Developing domain expertise – fluency in Content Marketing, Licensed Content, Original Content and Technology, including regulatory trends, the competitive landscape, macro-economic trends, and other factors
- Exceeding quarterly KPI’s
- 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Development Representative preferred.
- Hunter mentality
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email with customers
- Clearly articulate NewsCred’s mission and value proposition in a persuasive manner
- Able to penetrate and engage conversations at the “C” level
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter and motivated individual who is disciplined, creative, and independent
- Highly enthusiastic, confident, curious, and interested in SaaS sales
- Must be coachable
- Must be a “Team Player”
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including a pension fund with match and a generous vacation policy
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top