At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Program Director maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to three to five named customers, the Program Director is responsible for assigned strategic account objectives.
The Program Director represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met.
He/she is the primary person - but not the only person, focused on developing the relationship/account strategy that will earn the best risk-adjusted returns for both the customer and NewsCred
The Program Director will be seen as a key resource by both parties and possess a high level of credibility They are empowered and able (they have the abilities or competencies i.e. sufficient knowledge, skills and behaviours) to perform this role.
The role of the Program Director is critically important in growing and retaining revenue from strategic customer relationships. NewsCred realizes that they need strong business relationships with C-level executives of their most important customers, an in-depth understanding of their customers’ wants and needs (especially for solutions and services), and the ability to link their strategic core capabilities with an effective global go-to-market plan
- Is the main point-of-collaboration (NOT a single point-of-contact) for adding value to the customer. He/she looks for opportunities to add significant value to both parties in the relationship.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts, specifically at the C level.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with the CDM and Customer Support team to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned retention targets in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten years of Strategic account management experience
- Marketing, and specifically Content Marketing, experience gained in large multi-national organizations
- Reports to VP, Customers
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top