At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Join our Product and Design team, and help us imagine and build the future of our market-leading web application. You will be empowered to deliver the best work of your career, and focus intensely on customer satisfaction and happiness.
WHO YOU ARE:
1. You are an exceptional designer who loves building products.
-You have significant experience designing and coding web app interfaces. Your strong design fundamentals are evident in all of your work and you believe products should be obvious, clean, fast and reliable (which happen to be our product design principles).
2. You are naturally curious and have experience in many areas.
-You have great depth in at least one design discipline, but your curiosity has led you to pick up skills that span multiple disciplines, including user research, interaction and visual design, usability testing and prototyping in code.
3. You are always trying to make things better.
-You tackle challenges with enthusiasm and tenacity. Your portfolio is full of examples that solve complex user problems and delight users at the same time.
4. You are great at communication and collaboration.
-You have the ability to educate and inspire others, with the understanding that exceptional designers are also exceptional teachers.
- You will participate in every aspect of product development, working with product managers, engineers, stakeholders and customers to craft amazing user experiences.
- You will be the design expert on any number of projects, delivering intuitive and elegant concepts, wireframes, mockups and code (HTML, CSS, JS).
- You will be the voice of our customers, running user research and usability tests to incorporate learnings into our products.
4. You will help us grow an incredible design culture.
- At least 3-5 years designing and coding web app interfaces using HTML/CSS/JS.
- Strong understanding of how to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Academic background in Design, HCI, or substantial relevant experience.
- Link to online portfolio
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top