Product Marketing Manager
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
You’re the voice of the customer, the glue that binds the company teams together, the knowledge center for sales, marketing and product. You’re the best friend of the support teams and provider of process, market data and competitive insights to the company. You are Product Marketing at NewsCred.
As a Product Marketing Manager at NewsCred you will have the authority to build new processes, programs and change existing. Your research and advice will guide the CEO and leadership team on how we approach GTM, market insights, voice of the customer and competitive insights.
- Go-to-Market - Own the go-to-market strategy and enable successful product and feature launches by working across teams, including Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Product
- Market Research - Identify and define the most commercially attractive target markets and customer segments to achieve the strategy. Drive the associated core market messaging, sales tools and collateral
- Competitive Analysis - Research competitive and alternative offerings in the market. Assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning business from them through pricing and promotional strategies
- Value Driver Selling - Articulate and leverage the company’s unique ability to deliver value to the market, to improve commercial function of the company
- Sales Enablement - Work closely with Sales to ensure effective delivery of Sales support materials – including internal product roadmaps and positioning information and likewise external facing Sales materials.
- Voice of the Customer - conduct regular discussions and surveys with customers to understand needs and pains to then translate those into actionable developments for the company to address
- 3-8 years in product marketing
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum product teams
- Thrive in a high-growth, dynamic startup environment
- Experience working with and supporting product management and engineering
- Have a track record with products that create and lead new market categories
- Be results oriented, creative, highly communicative and independent – while being able to enlist the support of others
- Ability to tell a good story and craft the appropriate message for multiple formats
- Teamwork, interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong leader and player with proven ability to facilitate cross-organizational alignment
- Excellent all-around communicator – verbal, written, interpersonal
- Analytically inclined, understand what data means and how to apply it to identify opportunities and solve problems
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top