At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Practice Director maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to a number of named customers, the Practice Director is responsible for assigned strategic account objectives.
The Practice Director represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met.
He/she is the primary person - but not the only person, focused on developing the relationship/customer strategy that will earn the best risk-adjusted returns for both the customer and NewsCred
The Practice Director will be seen as a key resource by both parties and possess a high level of credibility. They are empowered and able (they have the abilities or competencies i.e. sufficient knowledge, skills and behaviours) to perform this role.
The role of the Practice Director is critically important in growing and retaining revenue from strategic customer relationships. NewsCred realizes that they need strong business relationships with C-level executives of their most important customers, an in-depth understanding of their customers’ wants and needs (particularly for solutions and services), and the ability to link their strategic core capabilities with an effective global go-to-market plan
- Is the main point-of-collaboration (NOT a single point-of-contact) for customers.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of all technical and business aspect of the the customer needs, as well as a thorough understanding of the principles of content marketing.
- Develops analyses and models using marketing transactional data a digital analytics.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient us of marketing technologies, analytical methods, and financial models to develop solutions for customer.
- Take an active role in business development through management and expansion of client relationships, development of project proposals, and the creation of thought leadership papers/presentations.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts, specifically at the C level.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for one to three year periods
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with the Practice Manager, the Implementation team, and the Customer Support team to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned growth and retention targets in designated strategic accounts
- Achieves strategic customer objectives and success as defined by company management
- Maintains a high customer satisfaction rating that meet company expectations
- Reports to VP, Customers
- 10+ years of data analysis, technical presales, or consulting experience, ideally in a data analytics or marketing consulting space
- Deep expertise in marketing analytics, digital marketing, marketing automation, advertising, email marketing, etc.
- Enterprise software implementation either as an end-user in a large marketing department or as a professional service consultant to a Global 2000 marketing department
- Martech application experience with platforms such as Google Analytics, Marketo, Eloqua, Aprimo, Responsys, Sprinklr, etc.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Neil connects NewsCred with enterprise brands, delving into their challenges and demonstrating how NewsCred can provide the solutions needed to succeed.
Back to top