Lead Software Engineer
When we started NewsCred, we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
How are we doing that? By building a best in class technology platform for all of the world’s content.
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Software Engineer to make a lasting impact on our software stack. This role will be responsible for leading an engineering squad along with technical design, new feature development, working with UX designers, researching and evaluating new technology, and maintaining and improving a well-tested and high quality codebase.
You will be responsible for not only building key product features but also question the status quo and help evolve our software stack. You will also be expected to mentor and lead engineers on your squad by leading the team towards their goals and will be accountable for the team's outcomes.
We are open to evolving our platform with newer technologies and here are some of our current tools:
- ElasticSearch & Solr
- AngularJS and React
- Node and Flask
- MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift & Redis
- Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS
The Engineering team at NewsCred consists of some of the most considerate, compassionate and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We do this by organizing ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are self-sufficient and fully empowered to deliver a complete product. We believe in continuous deployment, which enables us to deliver incremental value to our clients on an ongoing basis.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ year of lead software development experience.
- Eager for opportunities to mentor and teach.
- Thrive in an autonomous, high energy environment.
- Enjoy pairing with team members to produce innovative solutions.
- Care about efficient code, beautiful algorithms, opportunistic refactoring, and iterative development.
- Comfortable working with cloud architectures, tools, and processes.
What you’ll do
- Lead teams towards goals and be accountable for outcomes.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work closely with product owners, designers, agile coaches and developers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Architect new systems that interface with our existing architecture.
- Evangelize software development practices across teams.
- Design and develop software collaboratively in a pair-programming environment.
- Work in multiple stacks and have a propensity to learn new technologies.
Diversity & Inclusion
At NewsCred, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, and that inclusivity is more than just good intentions. The NewsCred Diversity Council's mission is twofold: We aim to both increase and maintain a diverse workforce, and to create an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, or background. We continue to set goals for ourselves and recognize areas for improvement as we go.
- Medical, vision and dental
- 401k match
- Unlimited vacation days
- 12 week parental leave
- Student Loan Reimbursement program
- Flexible work policy
- Ping pong tables
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Lauren H.Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top