Head of People
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make people’s lives better and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: Were now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
We are looking for an experienced Head of People. As the company’s HR representative, you will be a member of the management team and a trusted partner to the employees. At NewsCred, we believe in leading compassionately with radical candor and transparency. As the company’s lead cultural ambassador, you will align employee’s professional development with the company’s values as well as business goals. You will manage the People organization, responsible for employee relations, employee development, benefits, compensation strategy, and talent acquisition. If you love building a people-centric culture, then you will thrive at NewsCred. You will be responsible for:
- Company Culture - Be the cultural ambassador of the company by executing on people-centric programs, team events, and company offsites.
- Employee Development & Mentorship - Lead the effort to develop our employees’ careers, responsible for driving performance review cycles, conducting employee engagement surveys, and defining professional growth programs. Support and mentor employees across the company.
- Employee Relations - Partner with managers, handle employee inquiries, and coordinate cross-functional relationships. Lead employee onboarding/offboarding.
- Team Productivity - Develop and roll out initiatives to improve overall teamwork and productivity.
- Compensation - Develop compensation structures and incentive plans that align with the company’s business goals
- Benefits - Be an expert resource for internal benefits/perk questions. Partner with our third party benefit broker to ensure our employee benefits and programs are best in class
- Talent Acquisition - Lead a team of internal recruiters and/or outside search partners to recruit top talent
- HR Best Practices - Stay on top of federal, state, and local laws, advising leadership on best practices. Partner with Legal teams on immigration matters. Be responsible for annual filings (ACA, EEO, etc.)
- Payroll - Administer semi-monthly payroll for U.S. team and assist with monthly payroll for U.K. team, working in conjunction with the Controller
- HR Systems - Oversee our HRIS system (UltiPro); ad-hoc reporting, analysis of data, data entry of status changes, new hires and terminations in UltiPro
- 7+ years of experience in HR with at least 5 years of experience as a leader
- Experience working in large and small companies
- Ability to handle employees questions or requests in a confidential manner
- Strong client focus
- Analytical and critical thinking is a must
- Strong technical abilities in Google and Microsoft Office systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, and dynamic team environment
- BA/BS required
- PHR/SPHR preferred
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our How We Work document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Neil connects NewsCred with enterprise brands, delving into their challenges and demonstrating how NewsCred can provide the solutions needed to succeed.
Back to top