Full Stack Software Engineer
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred has always had a clear social mission – to help the journalism industry survive by building the world’s first content ecosystem and disrupting the status quo.
How are we doing that? By building a revolutionary technology platform for all of the world’s content. Filtering, streaming and organizing millions of articles a day, in real-time. That’s a lot of data, a lot of content and a lot of opportunity to build something amazing. Join a brilliant, fun team of engineers that are solving big problems every day.
NewsCred is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with the technical skills and talent to navigate our entire stack, solving interesting and challenging problems along the way. Whether you’re:
- improving our search infrastructure using the latest techniques in information retrieval and natural language processing, or
- analyzing terabytes of usage logs to discover what content performs best for our customers, or
- building a revolutionary content consumption UX,
you will play a key role in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, implementation, and launch.
Individuals that succeed at NewsCred are intelligent, highly motivated, fearless team players with great senses of humor. They proven self-starters and quick learners. You will write lots of code that solves both visual and technical challenges, delivering high impact solutions to our customers around the world.
We’re not dogmatic about specific technologies but here’s a list of some of the stuff we’re using:
The engineering team at NewsCred consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We're highly selective; we seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We organize ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are as self-sufficient and independent as possible. This allows us to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture as we grow
You love creating software so much that it’s disconcerting to your family and friends. The idea of game night and free lunch sound fun. You find few things as satisfying as reading and writing beautiful code and you plan on pushing some code on your first day. You’re irresistibly curious about the latest emerging technologies. You may or may not have a computer science degree.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years developing robust databases and application back-ends.
- Development experience in any of the following: Python, Django, AngularJS, Node.js
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Has experience with build and deployment engineering processes and approaches.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Neil connects NewsCred with enterprise brands, delving into their challenges and demonstrating how NewsCred can provide the solutions needed to succeed.
Back to top