Finance Editorial Strategist
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Finance Editorial Strategist at NewsCred brings editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent financial services companies. The Editor’s keen eye is essential for what our clients want to accomplish with content marketing. With that in mind, Editors project manage and edit original content creation for our clients, ensuring content is high quality and on brand. Editors also oversee curation of licensed content for our clients with the most stringent guidelines and ensure that we surface articles that will pass muster under legal and brand scrutiny.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Editor may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings and client needs evolve over time.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts.
- Run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity
- Project manage content production,
- Monitor and enforce writer and client deadlines
- Track and report status of each piece of content in production
- Work with writers to obtain necessary legal release forms
- Handle program communication between writers and client
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on brand
Licensed Content Management
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly and concisely communicate what’s working and what’s not with appropriate team members across Editorial and the Client Services team.
- Review the ongoing curation work of Curators, providing feedback and approval of articles
- Provide on-going education to clients on editorial best practices.
- Effectively monitor content quality and provide editorial recommendations.
- 2 - 4 years experience editing and/or writing B2B focused web content for brands.
- Understanding of the financial services industry, as well as basic familiarity with industry regulations
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand.
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- Experience with creating and interpreting web analytics reports.
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Gawker story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top