At NewsCred we think that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of making their lives better. The truth is that when we started the company we didn’t know much about marketing, but we did know as individuals that we weren’t satisfied with the way that we were being marketed to. Fast-forward to today, we’ve built the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing and analysis. We provide both bespoke original content and content that is licensed from the world’s best publishers that our brand customers use to speak to their audiences. Finally, as pioneers in our industry we provide unique professional services to make sure that our customers are as successful as can be in content marketing. NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is looking for a Finance Associate to provide strategic guidance on business initiatives and capital projects through building, maintaining, and improving financial models. We are looking for an analytical and hands-on team member who can communicate effectively with management, executives, and investors. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the ongoing budget vs. actual review with team leads, oversight of the annual budgeting process, ad hoc analyses of business initiatives, investor and board reporting, new market growth assessment, and play a key role in any future fundraising, M&A and/or other corporate development activities. You will also be involved in projects related to improving process around and tracking sales and marketing operations. Our commitment to you is to continue to thoughtfully grow people and careers in a values and results-driven work environment at NewsCred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two-five years of experience performing financial analysis, with at least 1 year or more of hands-on, focused financial modeling experience in the industries like investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels. You are able to form and express decisive opinions in a collaborative way
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands” - you are able to explain assumptions clearly and concisely and are proactive about building checks and balances into project timelines and financial analyses
- Creative problem solving. You are able to not only effectively communicate financial results and trends but also recommend action when results vary from forecast
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Commitment to live the NewsCred Values. Trust over everything. Teamwork over brilliance. Compassion over being right. Grit over stability. Customer obsession over process.
- Experience in an emerging technology start-up a plus, but not required
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous, unlimited vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks and drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top