Event Marketing Manager
At NewsCred we think that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of making their lives better. The truth is that when we started the company we didn’t know much about marketing, but we did know as individuals that we weren’t satisfied with the way that we were being marketed to. Fast-forward to today, we’ve built the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing and analysis. We provide both bespoke original content and content that is licensed from the world’s best publishers that our brand customers use to speak to their audiences. Finally, as pioneers in our industry we provide unique professional services to make sure that our customers are as successful as can be in content marketing. NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.hat they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred’s Event Marketing Manager will oversee event production from conception to completion for both hosted and sponsored US events. The candidate will be responsible for shaping the annual event strategy; will work closely with and lead internal teams to execute a successful event that fuels sales pipeline and generates revenue. The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring performance and reporting on weekly progress.
As NewsCred’s Event Marketing Manager, you’re passionate about events and no task is beneath you. You’re detail-oriented, passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences, and a team player, excited to be part of a dynamic and ambitious marketing team. You have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively across teams. Most importantly, you’re excited to join NewsCred and bring our mission of content marketing inspiration and education to life.
- Develop an effective, fluid, yearly event marketing plan for US and UK-based sponsored and hosted events
- Work closely with internal teams (Sales and Marketing) to define and lead event involvement, plans, goals and objectives
Sponsored Event Responsibilities:
- Research industry events and evaluate sponsorship based on NewsCred’s annual objectives and targeted demographic; identify new industry event opportunities
- Negotiate sponsorship costs and opportunities
- Develop, plan, and activate contracted sponsorship benefits
- Develop close relationships with industry organizations
- Analyze event feedback and take necessary actions to improve
Hosted Event Responsibilities:
- Fully plan and execute hosted events (from research and planning to on-site management and execution)
- Develop existing network of venues and vendors
- Identify new hosted event opportunities
- Develop effective and engaging events that help drive ROI
- Handle post-event actions – event feedback, analysis, and budget finalization
General Event Responsibilities:
- Lead development of event themes, creative and coordinate content development to align with marketing and execution teams
- Manage all marketing, logistics and production of events
- Maintain event documents - budgets, calendars, checklists, run-of-shows, etc.
- Complete quarterly budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot event strategy to align with findings
- Implement post-event initiatives (survey analysis, etc.) to determine return on investment
- Achieve benchmarked ROI metrics by working with the sales and demand generation teams
- Oversee marketing nurture of acquired event leads
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Influence and coordinate the efforts of other team members to support events
- Provide improvements to the event team’s functionality and day-to-day processes; bring new ideas and concepts to event programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of B2B working experience in the event planning, event management and marketing space
- Knowledge of content marketing landscape is recommended but not required
- Extensive understanding of the entertainment and event industry; a developed network of event venues and vendors
- Previous experience working industry conference organizations is helpful but not required
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external clients
- Proven negotiation, problem solving, organization and project management skills
- Experience handling large budgets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator), Marketo and Salesforce is not required but helpful
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required
- Passionate about events and excited to bring new fresh ideas to NewsCred
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous, unlimited vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks and drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top