At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Our fast-growing London office is looking for an exceptional content strategist/journalist/editorial expert to work with the sales team, evangelising content marketing across Europe.
This role is part strategy, part inferring advice from analysis, part scoping and pricing, and all about inspiring and driving amazing content. The Editorial Strategist (Sales) is part of the editorial team, and collaborates with the sales team to lead client discovery and to pitch tailored solutions. They will enable the sales team to win more qualified deals, and to do it faster.
As NewsCred is first and foremost a software company offering complete content marketing solutions, we are looking for someone who can relate content needs to software solutions - but our Editorial Strategist (Sales) will also understand editorial production and management processes so they can put themselves in the prospect’s shoes and speak the same language.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all-inclusive of the tasks an Editorial Strategist (Sales) may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings and client needs evolve over time.
Pre-sales and prospecting
- Facilitate discovery sessions with prospects to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts.
- Inspire clients by utilising and showcasing industry best practices.
- Set the scene for content marketing as a concept and as an actionable programme.
- Get to know and understand a large and complex catalogue of licensed and original content options, and relate them to prospect needs.
- Scoping, packaging and pricing.
- Make the Newscred value proposition tangible through interactive product demonstrations.
- Prepare and maintain a library of custom demonstrations, mock-ups, and stories of customer solutions.
- Respond to questions from customers, including integration consultations as well as responding to RFP/RFIs.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, services and product teams to assist in closing deals.
Ongoing Counsel and Strategy:
- Facilitate and educate prospects and clients on editorial strategies that align with overall content marketing efforts.
- Facilitate trainings with prospects and clients on editorial best practices.
- Effectively communicate recommendations to prospects and clients on optimising their editorial programs.
- Have a sense of what makes a good content hub from both an editorial and user experience perspective, and be able to make recommendations to prospects and clients.
- Help to build the editorial and content programme for best results.
Our Editorial Strategist (Sales) will...
- Have 5+ years experience working with content. This experience can come from any place of storytelling: as a journalist or an editor, from an agency or an in-house communications team, and so on...
- Be comfortable working with clients, and with people of varying seniority. Client or stakeholder management experience is essential.
- Have experience with pitching, responding to RFPs/RFIs, or working with content in a commercial sense.
- Be able to understand complex systems, gather requirements, and apply creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to establish credibility with the audience quickly.
- Learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment and be willing to constantly learn.
- Be familiar with the digital marketing space and enthusiastic about working with commercial brands.
- Understand tone and voice (e.g. What makes a Daily Mail story different from a Guardian story, and from something in Grazia?).
- Understand content marketing best practice, and follow industry leaders.
- Be qualified to work in the UK through visa or European Union residency.
- Have written and spoken English at a native proficiency level.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top