At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
- Lead discovery sessions with clients to understand their editorial goals, guidelines and resources
- Lead editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively both curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software
- Work with coworkers to determine best ways of working with individual clients
- Educate customers on editorial recommendations that align with their overall content marketing efforts
- Understand and educate customers on NewsCred's best practices
- Advise on strategic elements of editorial program set-up to ensure long term success
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and share what’s working and what’s not
- Be able to recommend and select effective sources for a client
- Select partners and freelancers for each client
- Facilitate and review the ongoing curation work of partners and freelance curators to ensure effectiveness and accuracy
- Perform managing editor duties
- Project manage entire production, from pitch process to completion, for both text and visual content
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and partners
- Edit original content and work closely with writers and partners to ensure pitches and content are on brand
- Enforce deadlines for writers, partners and clients
- Handle program communication between writers and client
- Understand and speak to the pros and cons of different content types
- Be able to recommend and select partners and writers for each client
- Help facilitate writer payments
- Understand and be able to speak to our software and our best practices
- Concisely communicate with our Product and Engineering teams in an effort to improve our software
- 2-6 years experience editing B2C focused web content. Experience/industry expertise in healthcare, CPG, retail are pluses
- Experience in content ideation and production for a news organization or brand
- A passion for one or more of the following industries: healthcare, CPG, Retail
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with enterprise brands
- Understanding of tone and voice (e.g., What makes a Greatist story different from a Daily Muse story?)
- Experience with creating and interpreting web analytics reports
- Ability to communicate concisely with managers and coworkers about complex client issues
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top