At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is looking for a Data Analyst with the skills and talent to navigate our set of business processes and technology stack. Monitoring and improving on our key success factors is the main driver of our corporate strategy. As such, this role is critical to our company success.
This role reports into the Business Operations team, where NewsCred is building out a new Business Intelligence discipline. Candidate will be contributing to the overall team mandate of surfacing insights to drive informed business decisions.
Strong candidates are hands-on and get involved, intellectually curious about all areas of our business, able to understand the key success drivers for each department, able to map success drivers to the day-to-day processes and data, delight in studying the data and comfortable collaborating with both business and technology leaders.
As a key member of the Business Operations team, you will help to ensure the overall integrity of the data architecture across business systems. Your day-to-day will range from data analysis on key success metrics, building out strategic reports surfacing insights and partnering with company leaders to further study or scale the initial analysis.
Working within the Business Operations team, you will partner with our Business Intelligence (BI) engineers to build out a platform for maintaining and presenting BI data at scale. This includes compiling requirements and representing the stakeholders for the business insights needed across the company.
You will also have access to data scientists to partner on advanced analytics projects, such as big data analysis, predictive modeling and more.
A list of the main responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a data policy and data map to ensure consistent adherence to data integrity controls across all company systems.
- Maintain data transparency and access to promote data confidence across all departments that depend on the data.
- Establish management dashboards to monitor key metrics and surface timely and actionable insights.
- Partner with Product Management to productize particular metrics or insights.
- Partner with Analytics & Insights team to produce compelling narratives through data analysis and visualization for partners and clients.
- Collaborate with Engineering to catalog and ensure accurate data entering our platform.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on advanced analytics projects, such as big data analysis, predictive modeling, multivariate testing, and text analysis.
- Support company leaders to make better informed decisions through data analysis and insights based on reports and dashboards.
- Consolidate data analytics throughout the company and compile best practices for processes and report generation.
Other responsibilities may become relevant, as you will be responsible for relentlessly driving data integrity and deep analysis of our company data.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience as a data analyst or business analyst analyzing financial, sales, customer or process health within an organization.
- Strong data orientation with high proficiency in Excel and SQL for data manipulation and visualization. Experience with scripting language and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience leveraging BI and data visualization tools such as Periscope and Tableau.
- Experience working with business data sets such as Salesforce and Netsuite to study sales operations, customer renewals, and provide a full picture of the customer.
- Strong process orientation with ability to create process flowcharts and drive clarity of roles/responsibilities across various systems & teams.
- Solid communication skills when collaborating across teams - presenting status, driving clarity of next steps, troubleshooting / explaining analysis.
- Strong project management skills and stakeholder management experience, such as requirements gathering, proactive communication, collaboration.
- Attention to details, especially as it relates to process and data integrity across technology platforms and spreadsheets.
- Technical background with experience in an agile organization is preferred, especially familiarity with MEAN stack and the product management role.
- Experience managing and implementing 3rd party CRM and project management tools, such as Yesware, Org Charts, Mavenlink is preferred.
- Marketing industry experience is preferred.
- BA/BS, major in a technical field is preferred.
We are excited to present this opportunity to a highly motivated individual, eager to contribute to the success of our company.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top