Customer Support Engineer
NewsCred is the world's leading content marketing platform. We're powering marketing technology for the future & helping brands transform the way they connect with people, build brand love, and win more customers. Our cutting-edge technology enables top brands such as Pepsi, Pfizer, Dell, Diageo, and Spotify to create amazing content experiences with simplicity, speed, and global scale. Every day, across three offices, more than 200 brilliant people come to work at NewsCred, and commit their talents, passions, time, and energy to shape the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category. And we are proud of the fact that each year we pay millions of dollars to help inspire and employ the next generation of great journalists, artists, and creators. We're not making small changes; we're building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
Customer Support Engineer
The function of the Customer Support Engineer (CSE) is to manage customers’ technical issues submitted through ZenDesk - an industry standard in managing the support ticketing process. The CSE ensures an excellent standard of service and high customer satisfaction levels are maintained at all times. The CSE works closely with the following units:
- Customer Success
- Support Liaison within Engineering and R&D
The team's primary objective is to provide technical support to a global customer base (mid-to-large enterprises concentrated in the US and EMEA), as well as to partners and freelancers. Team members are product experts and coordinate across departments within the NewsCred organization to deliver workarounds and issue resolutions to customers. The team is also responsible for channeling product feedback, both defects and enhancement requests, to the R&D team.
The ideal candidate will be able to take on a vague issue raised by a customer and figure out a path to solve the customer’s problem, while maintaining a continuous line of communication with all internal and external stakeholders. Issues faced will range from a technical bug in the software, to third party integration issues, to gaps in training. A great CSE will identify the root problem and route it to the appropriate channels in order to keep the customer satisfied.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and professional service is provided to all customers and ZenDesk tickets are closed as quickly as possible, with maximum client satisfaction
- Engage with customers in a friendly and personable tone
- Communicate clearly and accurately with clients regarding the status of their reported issues
- Communicate with the Customer Success on client concerns
- Contribute to a team effort to provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage for customers, partners, freelancers and internal team(s)
- Communicate across the Support team on common problems
- Participate in an ‘on-call’ rotation
- Quickly diagnose, triage and where necessary, escalate software issues, working towards team metrics for high quality standards around responsiveness, resolution and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with the Product Management team to share insights around customer reported issues, prioritize around defects and enhancement requests, and provide input on release planning & messaging
- Contribute to customer facing knowledge base of help articles
- Query our application database and logs to understand issues at the macro, as well as micro level
- Configure client applications and script solutions to recurring configuration issues
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing, customer support role for a highly available SaaS solution
- BA or BS in a technical field is a plus, preferably in Computer Science or an Engineering major.
- Proficient problem solver with the ability to understand the inner workings of complex systems
- Familiarity in CMS platforms, such as WordPress
- Proficiency in ZenDesk and JIRA
- Quick learner capable of handling concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment with enthusiasm and willingness to constantly learn
- Excellent verbal and written English and communication skills
- Thrives in ambiguity & bringing order to complex situations and issues
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
- Understanding of marketing or content marketing, and the technology solutions that support them is a plus
- What we can offer you!
- Best in class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks and drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
- Chosen as one of Crain's Best Places to Work in 2014
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Neil connects NewsCred with enterprise brands, delving into their challenges and demonstrating how NewsCred can provide the solutions needed to succeed.
Back to top