Content Strategist (UK)
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
When we started NewsCred, we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Content Strategist at NewsCred brings compelling content strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. The strategist’s keen eye and knowledge are essential for what our clients want to accomplish with content marketing.
With that in mind, content strategists create content strategies, manage the entire original content creation process for our clients, and drives adoption of NewsCred’s platform. Content Strategists also oversee curation of licensed content for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
The ideal candidate is passionate about helping companies drive marketing results through content marketing. The Content Strategist should both be excited to learn about companies, their marketing goals, and how to achieve those goals through compelling content. The ideal candidate should also be passionate about our technology platform.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks a Content Strategist may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings and client needs evolve over time.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts
- Help run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software
- Drive adoption of NewsCred’s platform
- Develop content strategies in partnership with clients
- Reviews marketing performance to make recommendations and optimize program
- Leads QBRs with client to ensure alignment on strategy and goals
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity
- Project manage content production
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on brand
Licensed Content Management
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
- 2 - 6 years experience editing and/or writing technology content
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with monitoring and reacting to web analytics
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Guardian story different from Daily Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private healthcare coverage
- Dental coverage
- Serious Illness Coverage
- Catered Lunch every Friday
- Travel to Work Loan Plan
- Unlimited Snacks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Lauren H.Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top