At NewsCred, we believe that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of bettering their lives. Ultimately, we’re confident that modern marketing organizations will run on software as the foundational, operational platform that serves as a single source of truth for all activity — to centralize where work gets done, to strategically plan campaigns, to create and publish content to every channel, to collect analytics across operational efficiency and performance, and to be a critical gauge on the CMO’s dashboard.
Think Jira or Basecamp for one of the last areas of the business world that doesn’t have a modern operating system. We’re in a race against several great competitors. We think we have the lead because of our status as the world’s leader in content marketing over the last 10+ years, but it’s going to be a fun fight.
Every day, across our New York, London and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passions, time and energy to shaping the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category, and we love building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
As a Content Strategist at NewsCred, you will bring compelling content strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. Your keen eye and knowledge will be essential for what our clients want to accomplish with content marketing.
With that in mind, you will create content strategies, manage the entire original content creation process for our clients, and drive the adoption of NewsCred’s platform. You will also oversee the curation of licensed content for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles which meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
You should be passionate about helping companies drive marketing results through content marketing. The idea candidate will be excited to learn about companies, their marketing goals, and how to achieve those goals through compelling content. The ideal candidate should also be passionate about our technology platform.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts
- Help run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software
- Develop content strategies in partnership with clients
- Review marketing performance to make recommendations and optimize program
- Lead QBRs with clients to ensure alignment on strategy and goals
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, and ensure that pitches and content are on-brand
- Project manage content production
Licensed Content Management
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
What You’ll Need
- 2 - 6 years of experience editing and/or writing technology content
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with monitoring and reacting to web analytics
- Comprehensive understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Guardian story different from Daily Post story?)
- Ability to concisely, effectively communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
- Partnership with Concierge Health Care, allowing you to book same-day appointments
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially save thousands in interest
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.
Back to top