At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Content Strategist will work directly with a top tier financial services company. The candidate should be deeply familiar with branded content and become an advocate for content marketing across the firm. This team member will work with 3 – 4 different internal lines of business, learning about their work and recommending new ideas and concepts that will make the brand a more disruptive marketer, using content. Success will be defined growth in the customer experience and through development of ROI with prospects (lead generation) and existing customers (deepening relationships). This role requires not only a deep background within digital content but also exceptional project management skills.
This is a full-time role. You must be available to work from financial service company’s offices a couple days each week, so that you can become familiar with the organization’s people, culture, and processes.
You will work closely with key stakeholders such as:
- Editors who manage external creators and the production of content
- Creative lead and designers, who helps develop visual content
- Social Team to help consider alternative distribution of shareable content
- Executives across the broader organization (social media team members, and representatives from the Legal and Compliance departments).
Primary duties will include:
- Understand the needs and personas of a younger, more digitally adept audience that seeks shorter, more focused tips and advice to help manage their money--bringing a perspective to recommend personal finance topics, trends and formats to serve these needs.
- Partner and manage the content work for 2 – 3 strategic LOB marketing teams, aligning to overall business objectives as well as corporate brand messaging and reputation.
- Conduct regular content audits of relevant digital properties to identify key areas of success to inform content creation.
- Identify and recommend content for key programs and approve all content work, receiving regular feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Manage a timeline and roadmap for all content work for specific LOB partners to share progress and upcoming work.
- Provide perspective and assert a view point towards refined digital experiences and distribution into new channels such as syndication, social and search.
- Work under tight deadlines and be self-directed in prioritizing a diverse workload in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Manage ongoing budgets for large projects through buy in from Senior Management to allocate investment into diverse platforms.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders across client including legal and compliance to ensure proper rights and accuracy of our work.
- Implement best practices to develop efficiencies and scale content marketing programs in a mature, controlled fashion
- Identify new and untapped areas to explore that will expand this universe of content. Work closely with the Newsroom’s creative lead and designers to develop key visual elements and templates to ensure our content is innovative.
- Work under tight deadlines and be self-directed in prioritizing a diverse workload in a fast paced and demanding environment. Partner with various internal stakeholders across client including legal and compliance to ensure proper rights and accuracy of our work
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree—ideally in journalism, communications, marketing, business, or a relevant field—or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial services and product management a plus, but not essential.
- 5+ years in Marketing or a related field
- 2+ years in a traditional media company, branded content studio, or a brand
- Writing experience helpful
- Experience conceiving and developing content – including big-picture series/projects—across platforms, for highly targeted audiences
- Proven ability to prioritize and gracefully handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to develop editorial calendars, with a short- and long-term view
- Proven ability to anticipate and mitigate risk
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top