Business Intelligence Analyst
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a versatile and hands-on Business Intelligence Analyst who will manage data and process across our core internal systems: Salesforce, Netsuite, Marketo, and others. As a key role on the BI team, you will identify, develop, manage, and implement processes to ensure data integrity across the company, and have exposure to all teams within NewsCred.
Work closely with finance, sales, customer success, marketing, and product teams to implement process and workflow, across the organization, to aid in ensuring data accuracy is maintained across all internal systems.
- Collaborate with R&D department to help integrate commercial data into our software products
- Develop and implement standard reports, dashboards, and supporting process flows to provide reliable, accurate, and timely visibility into our business
- Provide systems training within the organization and / or manage the contracting of systems training from external vendors
- Proactively identify reporting and metrics that will provide opportunities to streamline process and operations
- Computer Science, Information Science, or an Actuarial degree is preferred but not required
- 2+ years experience managing a SFDC database. Ability to create objects and custom workflows in SFDC
- Experience with SFDC developer tool kit, such as Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, Web Services
- Salesforce Administrator certification or completed 201 level course preferred
- Experience with Netsuite a plus, although another ERP system also sufficient (WorkDay, SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Will ideally have experience in a SaaS related business environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize effectively across a number of teams
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills are a must
- Proficient in data manipulation, data cleaning, and report creation
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top