One of our clients, a leading financial service firm based in New York City, is actively looking to hire a Business Analyst to help leverage content marketing with a focus on both strategy and analytics. This position will be 2 to 3 days a week onsite at the financial service client’s office. The remaining days of the week, the candidate will be working at NewsCred HQ, on additional strategic business.
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Candidate will sit with the Financial service client’s Brand Team building and managing cohesive digital marketing experiences for different various marketing teams within the organization. The team, which reports to our CMO, provides industry leading thinking, strategic consultancy, content solutions, tools and analytics to drive digital marketing programs throughout the organization. By offering domain skill set and governance across the different digital channels, including website, third- party media, search, social and mobile the marketers will be empowered with industry leading tools and analytics to drive their business programs.
Our client’s team is growing and we are looking for experienced and enthusiastic team members to play a leading role in this growth. This person will be a contributing member of our Content team which works closely with marketing and execution teams across the enterprise to build brand content as part of our brand Newsroom. The team looks to 1) Develop Key research and Insights in a real-time environment 2) Build Tools and capabilities that enables marketers success 3) Create central content that is complementary to paid media relationships 4) Manages projects to build content with external partners and 5) Creates distribution of this content across owned channels.
This team member will help to create and track owned and paid promotion and manages a developing view of the ROI of content within the firm. He/she will work with various partners to use and develop internal tools and capabilities. This role requires close collaboration with internal allies such as Marketing groups, Legal and Compliance as well as external vendors, platform providers and creative agencies.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Build regular reporting dashboards that summarize both weekly and monthly top
- performers and program KPIs to share progress around impact of content.
- Participate in the creation of a company-wide “Content Score,” working with analytics teams to evaluate content success and optimize it. Be a participant in the analytics process to measure our progress around the effectiveness of content into our approach to marketing.
- Drive the creation of company-wide “Creator rankings” and use this to inform editorial process decisions.
- Manage selection process for specific media campaigns to promote our content and work with agency to execute media (e.g. paid search, paid social promotion, syndication etc.)
- Provide oversight to Production teams around content updates to various landing pages for key marketing programs.
- Manage creative execution and optimization of regular spots on client website, including new placements such as default ads, carousel and new CPO ad spots; communicate to team updates and changes within owned media space.
- Work with various teams to develop content strategy and execute content creation that will support line of business marketing goals.
- Work with partners to establish better processes, and workflows particularly around content syndication and tracking capabilities.
- Manage promotional calendar that summarizes all activity for campaigns, testing into new and existing channels to promote content. Specific ownership over execution of some of these campaigns (e.g. syndication, owned display, sponsored content etc.)
- Participate in brainstorm sessions with internal stakeholders and manage creation of Enterprise calendars and other tools to summarize our roadmap of story items.
- Help various divisions of the company refine their content strategies under the direction of the internal team. These strategies must be completed in a way that is compliant and ladder into the overall brand objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- 1 – 3 years working at a media, publisher or branded content studio
- Ability to demonstrate requirement documentation skills, and need to take a position on capabilities
- Proven ability to develop strong relationship with colleagues, internal / external clients and vendors.
- Experience with, or a strong understanding of, the legal and operational constraints of creating content for a financial company
- Experience and expertise in covering some of the topic areas related to financial services, such as small business, community development, personal finance and lifestyle.
- Great project management skills
- Experience working with video, slideshows, interactive, and other asset types
- A passion for process and organization
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top