Branded Content Strategist
The Branded Content Strategist at NewsCred brings compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent Fortune 100 technology companies, including brands such as Verizon, IBM, Panasonic, and Twitter. The Strategist will ideate all kinds of content, project manage writers, designers and videographers, and edit original content, ensuring it is both high quality, on-brand and ladders up to the client’s goals. He or she will communicate with client stakeholders daily, providing strong editorial recommendations regularly. The focus is on stories that drive business results and sets the brand apart from competitors.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, experience working with a range of different clients and a passion for technology in its many forms. It’s a highly collaborative role in which the content strategist will be working with other strategists who focus on SEO, paid distribution, analytics, email marketing and other aspects of the client program and should be somewhat familiar with these areas.
The Strategist should both be somewhat conversant in technology and trends as well as excited to learn about those trends and to use that knowledge to shape stories in both a B2B and B2C format.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Editor may be asked to perform.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts
- Help run editorial kickoffs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software
- Develop strong recommendations and editorial best practices for new clients throughout the program
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process and help with ideation based on client’s calendar and industry events
- Regularly ideate visual formats, such as infographics, motion graphics, quizzes, interactives, videos and podcasts
- Edit original content for quality and clarity
- Project manage content production
Licensed Content Management
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
- 2 - 4 years experience editing and/or writing technology content
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Strong understanding of evolving digital marketing space
- Familiarity with monitoring and reacting to web analytics
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Gawker story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to communicate well with all different types of people, keep a positive attitude and always have the client’s best interests in mind
What we can offer you!
- Best in class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks and drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
NewsCred is the world’s leading content marketing platform. We’re powering marketing technology for the future – helping brands transform the way they connect with people, build brand love and win more customers. We enable top brands such as Pepsi, Pfizer, Dell, Diageo and Spotify to create amazing content experiences with simplicity, speed and global scale.
NewsCred's Content Marketing Cloud software provides the easiest end-to-end solution for content planning, creation, publishing and analytics. In one place, brands gain unprecedented access to the world's largest content marketplace, including licensed content from over 5,000 publishers and original content from our award-winning journalist network.
Every day, across three offices, more than 180 brilliant people come to work at NewsCred, and commit their talents, passions, time and energy to shape the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category. And we are proud of the fact that each year we pay millions of dollars to help inspire and employ the next generation of great journalists, artists, and creators.
We're not making small changes; we're building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top