Associate Content Strategist (UK)
At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
When we started NewsCred, we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The Associate Content Strategist at NewsCred brings compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. This is a great entry level opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech, startups, or editorial content strategy.
With that in mind, Associate Content Strategists will assist senior members of the team to project manage and create original content for our clients, ensuring it is both high quality and on-brand. They also oversee curation of licensed content (both written and image-driven) for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
The ideal candidate is passionate about content in its many forms and excited to tell and share stories. The Associate Content Strategist should have interest in different industries and trends as well as excited to learn about those trends and to use that knowledge to shape stories in both a B2B and B2C format. Helping clients become great content marketers and stemming the tide of bad content drives us, it should drive you too.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Associate Content Strategist may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings, and client needs evolve over time.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, following brand guidelines
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on brand
- Managing internal/client budget trackers
- Manage freelancers and writers
Curating news stories for clients’ websites
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of our freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
- Managing trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Image curation
- 0 - 3 years experience editing and/or writing diversified content
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with visual content production/curation & imagery best practices
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private healthcare coverage
- Dental coverage
- Serious Illness Coverage
- Catered Lunch every Friday
- Travel to Work Loan Plan
- Unlimited Snacks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Meet Some of NewsCred's Employees
Lauren H.Director of Customer Success
Lauren manages Pre-sales and Implementation Teams that operate to architect and implement solutions for their clients. Lauren ensures their success while helping clients create a broader vision and understanding of their corporate purpose.
Back to top