Associate Content Strategist (UK)
The Associate Content Strategist at NewsCred brings compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. This is a great entry level opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech, startups, or editorial content strategy.
With that in mind, Associate Content Strategists will assist senior members of the team to project manage and create original content for our clients, ensuring it is both high quality and on-brand. They also oversee curation of licensed content (both written and image-driven) for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
The ideal candidate is passionate about content in its many forms and excited to tell and share stories. The Associate Content Strategist should have interest in different industries and trends as well as excited to learn about those trends and to use that knowledge to shape stories in both a B2B and B2C format. Helping clients become great content marketers and stemming the tide of bad content drives us, it should drive you too.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Associate Content Strategist may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings, and client needs evolve over time.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, following brand guidelines
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on brand
- Managing internal/client budget trackers
- Manage freelancers and writers
Curating news stories for clients’ websites
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of our freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
- Managing trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Image curation
- 0 - 3 years experience editing and/or writing diversified content
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with visual content production/curation & imagery best practices
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
What we can offer you!
- This will be a contractor role on an hourly basis. Health insurance benefits will be provided.
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
NewsCred is the world’s leading content marketing platform. We’re powering marketing technology for the future – helping brands transform the way they connect with people, build brand love and win more customers. We enable top brands such as Pepsi, Pfizer, Dell, Diageo and Spotify to create amazing content experiences with simplicity, speed and global scale.
NewsCred's Content Marketing Cloud software provides the easiest end-to-end solution for content planning, creation, publishing and analytics. In one place, brands gain unprecedented access to the world's largest content marketplace, including licensed content from over 5,000 publishers and original content from our award-winning journalist network.
Every day, across three offices, more than 180 brilliant people come to work at NewsCred, and commit their talents, passions, time and energy to shape the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category. And we are proud of the fact that each year we pay millions of dollars to help inspire and employ the next generation of great journalists, artists, and creators.
We're not making small changes; we're building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Back to top