Associate Content Strategist
At NewsCred, we believe that the future of marketing is in brands thoughtfully and genuinely speaking to people with the intention of bettering their lives. Ultimately, we’re confident that modern marketing organizations will run on software as the foundational, operational platform that serves as a single source of truth for all activity — to centralize where work gets done, to strategically plan campaigns, to create and publish content to every channel, to collect analytics across operational efficiency and performance, and to be a critical gauge on the CMO’s dashboard.
Think Jira or Basecamp for one of the last areas of the business world that doesn’t have a modern operating system. We’re in a race against several great competitors. We think we have the lead because of our status as the world’s leader in content marketing over the last 10+ years, but it’s going to be a fun fight.
Every day, across our New York, London and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passions, time and energy to shaping the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category, and we love building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
As an Associate Content Strategist at NewsCred, you will bring compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. This is a great introductory opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech, startups, or editorial content strategy.
With that in mind, you will support senior members of the team in project managing and creating original content for our clients, ensuring that it is both high quality and on-brand. You will also oversee the curation of licensed content (both written and image-driven) for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
You should be passionate about content in its many forms and excited to tell and share stories. You should have an interest in learning about different industries and trends, and in using that knowledge to shape stories in both B2B and B2C formats. Helping clients become great content marketers and stemming the tide of bad content drives us; it should drive you, too!
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate the writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, following brand guidelines
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Manage internal/client budget trackers, as well as trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Curate news stories for clients’ websites
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of our freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
What You’ll Need
- 1 - 3 years of experience editing and/or writing diversified content
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with visual content production/curation & imagery best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.
Back to top