At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred has always had a clear social mission – to help the journalism industry survive by building the world’s first content ecosystem and disrupting the status quo.
How are we doing that? By building a revolutionary technology platform for all of the world’s content. Filtering, streaming and organizing millions of articles a day, in real-time. That’s a lot of data, a lot of content and a lot of opportunity to build something amazing. Join a brilliant, fun team of engineers that are solving big problems every day.
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on established team methodology to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones;
- Manage iteration plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters;
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout software development sprints and releases to respond to emerging requirements and risks;
- Organize and facilitate sprint and release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, demos and other Scrum-related meetings as needed
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Ensure the development teams practice the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Employ agile project tracking tools to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Assist with communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution; empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
- Guide team to adhere to agile based standards, tools and best practices and maintain process documentation
The engineering team at NewsCred consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We're highly selective; we seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We organize ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are as self-sufficient and independent as possible. This allows us to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture as we grow.
You love creating software so much that it’s disconcerting to your family and friends. The idea of game night and free lunch sound fun. You find few things as satisfying as reading and writing beautiful code and you plan on pushing some code on your first day. You’re irresistibly curious about the latest emerging technologies. You may or may not have a computer science degree.
- 2 years of minimum scrum master experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong problem solving and coding skills is essential;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential;
- Passion to learn and adopt new technical skills;
- Scrum alliance certification, preferred.
- Experience with Git is preferable.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Quarterly performance reviews and bonuses
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top