At NewsCred, our mission is to help brands tell exceptional stories that drive business results. We believe this is the future of marketing, and it can make peoples’ lives better – and improve the internet, too.
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
We are looking for an exceptional Account Director to be the senior member of a Customer Success squad. The Customer Success team drives revenue through increased product adoption, guiding strategic services and creating impactful, diversified executive level relationships. You will partner with Newscred’s top clients to leverage our platform to meet their marketing objectives, and you will be empowered to engage customers as a content marketing expert; a key contributor to our extraordinary growth and a mentor to our internal teams. Account Directors are business owners, the voice of the customer and work in a close-knit, ambitious group who truly care about their clients’ success.
- Build, nurture and grow relationships with our C-suite clients, their teams and external agencies to better understand their business challenges and help them to execute against their communication strategies
- Lead projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research / strategy development, and customer strategy workshops
- Responsible for driving retention, growth across new business lines and markets and loyalty through individual efforts and leadership of the squad
- Responsible for negotiating complex contracts, products and services offerings to clients to ensure successful and long term partnerships
- Drive accurate revenue forecasts by implementing sales methodologies into the post sale revenue management process
- Identify, forecast and lead efforts to correct product performance, customer health and churn risk for all clients
- Partner cross functionally to influence product development planning and spearhead opportunities to optimize the customer experience for the product and streamline processes
- 8+ years of brand, agency or media experience
- Ideally within marketing technology and/or content marketing with recent management and leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business
- Ability to define, develop and lead large programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative team approach.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to maintain good balance of strategic vision and tactical implementation
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical companies
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Quarterly performance reviews and bonuses
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Don’t worry, it’s by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces and a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Back to top