COUNTER SERVER & BARTENDER; MADISON SQUARE
About Our Company:
NeueHouse is a private, membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create a unique and coveted work environment!
Servers/Baristas are responsible for providing outstanding food and beverage experiences for our members, daily serving as ambassadors of NeueHouse, specializing in coffee and tea. The Canteen team embodies the NH brand of hospitality defined by 'creating an environment that nurtures the creativity and productivity of our members'. This requires attentiveness to members' needs, to be present but never intrusive, and to be energizing and available.
Specific Duties: Server, responsible for...
○ Consistently offers professional, friendly, and engaging service.
○ Welcomes new members, greets, meets and introduces them to other NH members.
○ Provide thoughtful and personal service with the goal to develop a rapport with members and learn preferences of individual members and sharing with team members in order to build and establish into member profiles.
○ Maintain thorough working knowledge of menus and be able to articulate to guests in an engaged and thoughtful manner.
○ Prepare all food and beverages to the standards of NH and our partners.
○ Communicating with prep kitchen to ensure Canteen is always fully stocked with food and beverage items, alerting Christine when low on any coffee or tea items.
○ Maintain general cleanliness of Canteen, including all surfaces and equipment, specialty equipment legality.
○ Follow NYC health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
○ Attendance, Punctuality - consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
○ Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management directions, and completes tasks on time.
○ Organization - develops and coordinates the organization of various Canteen areas, communicates change and progress and completes projects on time.
○ Customer service - responds promptly to member needs, solicits feedback to improve service, and responds to all member requests (not just F & B related)
○ Interpersonal skills - focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control and remains open to new ideas and constructive criticism.
○ Teamwork - ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and contributes to group commitments and objectives of the team.
○ Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
○ Ability to take independent initiative, as well as work as a team
○ Proficient in brewing methods and espresso machine, etc
○ Proficient in Digital Dining
○ Must be able to lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
-Barista Experience is a MUST!
-Bartending skills a PLUS!
Meet Some of NeueHouse's Employees
As Membership Manager, Jessica cultivates a community of creatives at Neuehouse's exclusive Madison Square location, ensuring members have fantastic experiences while they work.
Back to top