Restaurant Server, Hollywood
- Los Angeles, CA
Servers are responsible for providing outstanding food and beverage experiences for our members, daily serving as ambassadors of NeueHouse. The service team embodies the NH brand of hospitality defined by 'creating an environment that nurtures the creativity and productivity of our members'. This requires attentiveness to members' needs, to be present but never intrusive, and to be energizing and available.
NeueHouse is a private workspace collective for creatives, artists, and entrepreneurs. Designed to inspire the creative mindset, cultivate curiosity, and provoke new ways of thinking, NeueHouse is a place to work, create, collaborate, socialize and be inspired. A home for new ideas, people, conversations, and experiences.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Welcome new members and introduce them to other NH members.
- Provide thoughtful and personal service with the goal to develop a rapport with members and learn preferences of individual members.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of menus and be able to articulate to guests in an engaged and thoughtful manner.
- Execute the entire cycle of service thoroughly and efficiently: from greeting to order taking to preparation to assembling to processing payment.
- Prepare all food and beverages to the standards of NH and our partners.
- Thorough working knowledge of all beverages: non-alcoholic/wines/beers/spirits.
- Communicating with prep kitchen to ensure areas are always fully stocked with food and beverage items, alerting the kitchen when running low on a particular item.
- Maintain cleanliness of areas, including all surfaces and equipment.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Follow instruction, respond to management directions, and complete tasks on time.
- Develop and coordinate the organization of various areas of The Counter.
- Customer Service- responds promptly to member needs, solicits feedback to improve service, and responds to all member requests (not just F&B related)
- Interpersonal Skills- focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control and remains open to new ideas and constructive criticism.
- Teamwork- ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and contributes to group commitments and objectives of the team
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to take independent initiative, as well as work as a team. Take it upon yourself to start a project if something needs done, rather than waiting for someone to ask.
- Proficient in brewing methods for Coffee, Tea, Espresso, and other common Drinks.
- Proficient with POS systems
- Must be able to lift/move up to 10lbs, frequently lift/move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs
Back to top