General Manager - Paley. Restaurant
This winter, “Paley.” debuts in the heart of Hollywood, a neighborhood undergoing a renaissance. Paley is the first West Coast opening from Plan Do See, a top global hospitality group.
Located in the iconic former CBS building, Paley is named in celebration of the artistic and innovative era shaped by its progressive visionary leader William S. Paley and his wife Babe. The 245-seat restaurant features an expansive glass wall and outdoor patio overlooking a sculpture plaza, and offers California cuisine based on French modern technique with global flavors and local sourcing.
You will exhibit a passion for excellence, flair for service and a lifestyle that possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style. Under the guidance of the Corp Director of F&B, the General Manager will lead all F&B operations housed in a new amazing Hollywood development.
The Paley. General Manager will be a crucial element to the success of the operation and responsible for upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an “above and beyond” mentality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Establish goals for the floor service, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the services, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Attracts guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; determine and implement system improvements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred guests.
- Operate restaurants to specifications, upholding high standards, impeccable service.
- Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
- Interviews, supervises, encourage, mentor, coach, train, develop, and evaluates staff.
- Hold all team members and managers accountable for their areas of responsibility and clearly articulated expectations.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all other departments.
- Manage monthly food, beverage, labor expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
- Oversee the ordering and inventory control of foods and beverages, supplies, and ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity.
- Act as a brand ambassador for all PDS LA properties.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
- Continually strive for a better understanding and education of the restaurant’s offerings, be they food, liquor or other beverage.
- Well educated in beverage industry, an extensive understanding of wines, spirits and trends I the industry.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as GM/ F&B Manager in a standalone restaurant or hotel/resort background.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- California Food Handler Card.
- High school diploma.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Los Angeles current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Proficient in Micros, Posi-touch, Aloha and/or other POS systems.
- Knowledge of guest experience, and interdepartmental relations new hires training and continuing education of current staff on food, wine and cocktail specifications.
- GM/F&B Manager experience in luxury resort, hotel or upper casual/fine dining restaurant.
- Maitre D experience.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Understanding of Department of labor standards.
- College degree.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- A strong guest service aptitude.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guests.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
Back to top