F&B House Manager
Job Title: F&B House Manager
Reports to: Head of the House
Job Summary: Responsible for the management of all areas, including the Front Desk, Counter, and Conference Rooms. In addition, responsible for overseeing the F&B related aspects of events, both NH-programmed and private events.
Must represent Neuehouse as an ambassador of hospitality, warmth and grace in all interaction with our members and their guests.
House Manager, responsible for:
- Training of new hourly team members. Responsible for instilling (and maintaining) our brand of hospitality in all new hires, as well as ensuring that new staff gains a complete and accurate understanding of our food & beverage knowledge and membership credo.
- Daily supervision of House team, with emphasis on achieving gracious and efficient service at all times. Our service must be on par with the best programs in the city.
- Must maintain quality control on all food and beverages, to ensure the highest level of member/guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for design input for Counter and Front Desk, such as menu boards, gallery tables and related areas.
- Responsible for proper F&B mise-en-place for all conference rooms. Responsible for set-up of all scheduled conferences, as well as maintenance and clean up of the same.
- Responsible for the general organization and tidiness of all work/lounge/service areas. These include, but are not limited to: the Counter, all ‘library tables’ and soft seating, the cellar space and upper floors.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and GM to ensure that the Counter food service areas/storage are maintained for orderliness, safety and health standards.
Events Related Responsibilities:
- Communicate with client re beverage order, specifically: assist with wine selections. Must have solid working understanding of wine list, varietals, etc.
- Order wine/beer/beverage for events, coordinating with Events Department Assistant Managers.
- Assist caterer (or Chef) in set up of catering equipment/rentals.
- May be responsible for ‘day of’ event management: organize and direct F&B staff, lead service meeting, supervise flow of service.
- May be responsible for organizing rentals for pick up.
- Managing and Overseeing key member accounts
- Staff Scheduling
- Acting as a point person for all front of house matters
- Maintaining accurate member descriptions in NH Member Portal
- Ensuring that POS sales are accurately entered and accounted for, and to ensure that any requested reports are entered and/or run daily. Ensuring that all credit card batches from Counter are run daily, and that any payment issues are handled quickly and accurately.
- Responsible for daily/weekly cash deposits (Counter).
- Responsible for batching and coding all service-related beverage invoices and ensuring that they are entered into system. Responsible for transport of all AP invoices to accounting on weekly basis.
- Superior leadership abilities, clearly spelling out requirements, providing support when needed and holding team members accountable
- Being comfortable in conversing with members, guests and potential members regarding NeueHouse events and our various programs and amenities.
- Must always be a positive and articulate ambassador of the NeueHouse project/brand.
- Demonstration of strong communication and delegation skills
- Ascertain departmental training needs in assistant to develop SOPs where needed.
- Stong Leader
- Highly organized
- Able to flourish while working against deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Back to top