Director Of Events
The Director of Event Sales plays a key leadership role within NeueHouse, Madison Square. This team leader will be responsible for making key strategic and operational decisions for the property and will oversee all revenue driven Catering and Event business, maximizing profit margins and ensuring a top level experience for clients, partners and members.
• Manage the Events Sales & Production Team.
• Work closely with NH operations and culinary partners.
• Responsible for an events sales budgets.
• Develop and oversee a yearly budget and revenue targets with NeueHouse Global Business Development and Finance team.
• Ensure expenses are in line with the budget and revenue meets or exceeds budget.
• Prepare presentations for Events clients and partnerships.
• Meet and consult with clients to plan and organize meetings and/or events.
• Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
• Develop a department strategic plan that includes outreach, sales goals and targets for Events Team to achieve department objectives.
• Recruit, hire, train and evaluate all NeueHouse Private Hire Event Team employees.
• Manage Event Team’s day-to-day operations and productivity.
• Monitor and assist in creation of proposals and final billing to level of desired profit margin.
• Communicate event details to all required internal and external contacts to ensure events are effectively coordinated to meet and exceed client and Member expectations.
• In collaboration with PR/Marketing and Membership Team, assist in designing and organizing receptions/dinners/programs.
• Assist in the overall execution and supervision of all large scale events at NeueHouse.
• Manage master events calendar.
• Complete market research and analysis for the LA event landscape.
• Establish Department annual budget of expenses and payroll.
• Submit required information for monthly reports to the Home office, i.e. Action, Calendars, Booking Pace Report, narrative, etc. Compile these required monthly reports by insuring Managers submit required information.
• Conduct competitive price shopping and analyze rate denials to ensure event space are appropriately priced for all seasons and market segments.
• Structure pricing offered by Sales Team that maximizes rates to create the most favorable impact to achieve established department goals.
• Knowledge of all applicable Federal and State regulations regarding Human Ability to effectively delegate and ensure levels of accountability with a commitment to positively securing revenues commensurate with budgeted figures.
• Experience identifying critical marketing issues and ability to develop appropriate plans to react to changing market trend and conditions.
• Extensive knowledge of negotiating, sales procedures, contract negotiations, legal terminology, principles and practices associated with the Event Industry.
• Familiarity with the strengths and weaknesses of primary and secondary competitors and ability to use this information to enhance Neuehouse Event offerings at a competitive position.
• Good understanding of the Event and Catering software and CRM programs.
• Skilled in creating reports and ability to analyze data.
• Participation in community and trade organizations that benefit the business unit
• Ability to conduct weekly departmental staff meeting with Managers to review targets and goals
• Familiar with overall operations of the House and maintains a strong and healthy working rapport with other Department Heads and Teams.
Back to top