Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
A day in the life?
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will join the best and brightest software engineers and system engineers to ensure a smooth, efficient, reliable and secure operation of payment processing systems. You’ll report to the VP of Technology and Chief Security Officer and work along-side the rest of the Technical and Product Development team to make it happen.
We're looking for an individual with a great deal of curiosity, ability to challenge standard methodologies, think on their feet and solve tough problems – technical or otherwise like a true engineer. You will:
- Work with engineers at host management company to keep production systems operating 24/7/365
- Review and make recommendation on network and system architecture improvements
- Work closely with software engineers for production system deployment and configuration
- Keep track of system security patches and other updates
- Regularly review logs (firewall, IDS, FIM, server, application) to identify potential security incidents and other system vulnerabilities
- Perform regular system scans, both internal and external, and address vulnerabilities identified from these scans
- Manage user access rights to the production environment
- You're well educated! You have a degree in Computer Science, Technology, MIS or similar field.
- You have experience! You have at least 5 years of experience in operating large-scale, high-availability cloud-based production systems.
- You have technical skills! You have a good understanding of private and public cloud infrastructures and cloud security. You are comfortable working with
- AWS and/or Azure cloud platform
- Microsoft Windows Servers Administration
- IIS configuration and administration for Microsoft .NET based systems.
- Basic coding with an object-oriented language
- You have a proven background! You've worked in SQL Server database administration and high-availability groups management. You have proven experience with system life cycle and change management.
- You love innovation! You possess a strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems.
Who are we? In short, we help non-profits unleash generosity!
We believe nonprofits have important missions and deserve great software to power their fundraising and fuel their missions. We use data, technology, and the power of networks to eliminate the daily fundraising grind that most leaders endure. Network for Good provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fundraising solutions that have delivered over $1.5 billion to more than 125,000 charities since 2001.
Why we’re hiring? In short, because we are growing!
We’re growing our team so we can provide more nonprofits with simple solutions to power the good they do. Network for good is a hybrid organization – a nonprofit-owned for-profit. In 2013, we became a Certified B Corporation. We have been able to invest in and enhance our offerings and we’re just getting started!
What can you expect?
You can expect, growth and innovation and to have fun along the way. You will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements, but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good. ™
We’ve got perks, too! How about Volunteer Paid Time Off and your birthday as Holiday? 401(k) with match, stock options, commuter stipend and fantastic health insurance, too! Oh and don’t like wearing a suit and a tie every day? We’ve got you covered! We’re a jeans every day workplace!
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Network for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top